Legislation relating to employment business and the taxation of income deriving from these activities is becoming ever more complex, driven both by UK and EU law, and both interim managers and those engaging their services need to be aware of the key laws that can impact on interim assignments.
Broadly, these laws seek to protect individuals, ensure fair competition and regulate business practice. In each case, the most important step is to make sure you know what laws apply to you, and if you are in any doubt, seek professional advice.
Follow the links to find out more about:
- Intermediaries Legislation (IR 35)
- Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003
- The Data Protection Act 1998
- Proposed managed service company legislation from HMRC
- The Money Laundering Regulations 2007
- The UK Bribery Act 2011