With more fears of a double dip recession and debt still firmly at the forefront of European governments' thinking, the marketplace is one of extreme caution and difficult trading conditions. Traditional management styles and skills seen over the past 20 years have focused on growth and development but, in this uncertain environment, different abilities are likely to be needed.
At Alium, we are seeing more clients asking to work with our expert interim managers to help them through these tricky times and bring in the wherewithal to effect change. But what benefits do senior interim managers bring to the fore? Using our unique Alium Resourcing Model , we have identified the following qualities:
- Key competencies to enable the delivery of change
- An agile resource that can respond quickly to your needs
- A capability that can embed processes into your organisation for lasting effect
- Seeing through corporate complexity and achieving results, rather than just another piece of consultancy that sits on the shelf
- A mentoring and supportive style that supports and integrates with the business to enable lasting change
While there is no silver bullet to fixing all of your business woes, by bringing in a senior interim manager who has the skills and experience to work with you and enact change, you will see the revenue and margin improvement necessary for survival in 2012.
Doing nothing is not the answer.