Our equal opportunities policy is designed to:
- Ensure that the Company has access to the widest labour market and secures the best employees for its needs
- Ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment, and that, wherever possible, they are given the help they need to attain their full potential to the benefit of the Company and themselves
- Achieve an ability-based workforce which is in line with the working population mix in the relevant labour market areas.
Specifically, the Company aims to ensure that no employee or candidate is subject to unlawful discrimination, either directly or indirectly, on the grounds of gender, race (including colour, nationality or ethnic origin), sexual orientation, religion or belief or disability. This commitment applies to all aspects of employment, including:
- Recruitment and selection, including advertisements, job descriptions, interview and selection procedures
- Promotion and career development opportunities
- Terms and conditions of employment, and access to employment related benefits and facilities
- Grievance handling and the application of disciplinary procedures
- Selection for redundancy.
Our full equal opportunities policy is available on request.