Sector: Food & Beverage
Location: Buenos Aires — Argentina
A key supplier to one of the largest worldwide fast food companies, with production facilities in Argentina and a commercial office in Brazil, required an interim CEO to further support turnaround measures. Prior to this, Alium Partners Latam supported the organisation by providing an interim CFO in their initial transformation project.
Key deliverables included:
- Review and refresh (with minimum disruption) the operations of the company and the timely delivery of products to key clients
- Re-evaluate the management team’s commitment and mind-set, including their alignment to the parent company objectives and goals.
- Ensure the successful re-negotiation (at “arms-length”) of the next seasons’ supply contracts with agribusiness producers to guarantee sufficient provision of its strategic raw material supply
- Strengthen the commercial link with its key client and revalidate existing provision contracts and future volume commitments
- Lead the re- assessment of the integral cost structure including implementation and execution of the agreed costs rationalisation program
- Support the CFO to preserve the financial assets of the company, cover short term cash gaps and maintain access to an external source of financing
Alium Partners LatAm was able to identify three highly experienced potential candidates in a period of less than 10 days from the first contact with the client, based in Europe. Final hiring took place within four working days from the date the Group Development Director met with the candidates in Buenos Aires. The interim then stabilised the operations in the first four months and successfully conducted the execution of the agreed objectives.