Interim Managers with Public Sector & Government expertise
The practice covers the entire sector, including Local Authorities, Police, Criminal Justice bodies, Health bodies, Housing organisations, Central Government, NDPBs, Public Corporations, Defence and Tier One suppliers.
Our extensive network of interim managers covers all aspects of operational and corporate functions. This includes HR and OD, Finance, IT, project and programme management, turnaround and business transformation.
We have professionals with in-depth skills in important areas such as outsourcing, shared services and increasingly used delivery models, such as mutualisation and social enterprises. All of our public sector interim managers have the senior level experience and government know-how that their roles will require.
When to use a Public Sector interim - the Public Sector Challenge
The UK is undergoing far reaching changes to the way the public sector and government deliver services. The year on year squeeze on finances is set to continue in the medium term, meaning all organisations must think differently to find innovative new ways to drive efficiency and protect core services – simply making silo based savings is not a viable option.
We are seeing many organisations having to rethink their future strategy so they can keep pace with the required changes. This includes a much stronger focus on greater collaboration, new delivery models and challenging the way they manage people, processes and technology.
We are particularly seeing demand in:
- Business transformation expertise – helping clients to develop innovative solutions while also providing ‘hands on’ implementation expertise.
- Shared services and BPOs leads – both with ‘traditional’ partners and new organisations.
- Expert advice – for example, leading options appraisals for clients on spin-out delivery models, such as mutualisation, social enterprises and wholly owned companies.
- Project and programme leads – to add specialist skills to increase the pace of change.
- Senior gap filling - providing additional resilience and capacity as clients’ restructure their services
Fast, efficient, cost effective response
To identify the most suitable individuals for you within days, we ensure that:
- All enquiries are handled in the strictest confidence
- Your project is managed directly by a Public Sector and Government practice expert
- A detailed brief is taken from you to understand the objectives of the role
- We select individuals from our pool of over 10,000+ active interim executives
- Interim Managers are all pre-screened before being shortlisted using the Alium Resourcing Model (ARM)
- Our shortlist of interim managers can be with you in 24 hours
Our other services
Due to the demand for agile resourcing solutions amongst many of our clients, we are now able to provide contract, fixed fee and permanent employees to fit with your needs.
What is the cost of hiring an interim manager?
Costs for interim management services will vary depending upon the seniority of the role and the complexity of the assignment. Interim management fees are charged on a daily rate basis and include our fees. All daily rate fees exclude usual business expenses and VAT.
Call us to discuss your interim management requirements.
If you have an immediate need for a Public Sector interim manager or would like to find out more about this flexible resource, call us on 0207 398 7520.