Sector: Auto Parts
Location: Buenos Aires — Argentina
A company that manufacture structural component solutions for light and heavy vehicles with operation and technology centres strategically located worldwide, required the support of a senior health & safety specialist for their plant facility in Argentina which consisted of 1,200 full time employees.
Key deliverables included:
- Enhance the overall occupational Health & Safety Management System and improve key KPI results to achieve full alignment to the minimum requirements established by the company’s main customers.
- Work closely with the parent company to ensure adherence with the company’s own international standards.
- Review, improve and strengthen the good practice related to the health & safety policies and procedures, including a behaviour-based safety program for all employees.
- Implement safety inspections by top management to ensure that proper environmental work practices are being followed.
- To assist in the identification, analysis and control of occupational hazards requiring the application of professional Health & Safety knowledge, skill and abilities to avoid major accidents.
- Lead and facilitate regular Health & Safety meetings including working directly with supervisors and managers to implement appropriate measures such as emergency response and risk prevention engagement.
- Check on the use of all types of personal protective equipment, evaluating their effectiveness and suggesting improvement where needed.
- Lead the review of all accidents, and near miss accidents.
- Provide advice, expertise and training to enable company personnel to comply with the requirements of the company Health & Safety Policies & Procedures.
Alium Partners Latam sourced and provided a H&S senior executive with a strong execution background in similar industries. He was able to work towards the completion of the objectives, with the sufficient soft skills to manage the Labor Force Union demands and reluctance to change from the workforce to achieve the desired outcomes.